Nelson Air Device, Corp., a fast-paced HVAC Mechanical Contractor located in the Maspeth, NY area with projects widely based in Manhattan and specializing in Healthcare, is seeking an experienced mechanical estimator to perform plan and spec estimates.
- Must perform both sheet metal and piping takeoffs.
- Collect pricing from subcontractors and vendors and provided leveling of those quotes prior to management review.
- Analyze requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project.
- Determine what factors of production will influence the cost of a service or product.
- Prepare material estimates and cost estimates for the product or service.
- Create labor estimates for any project.
- Develop and maintain relationships with company vendors and contractors.
- Manage bids from vendors and contractors.
- Use bid data to prepare detailed a cost analysis.
- Present prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders.
- Compile and record actual costs.
- Posess knowledge of the HVAC Systems, Piping, and Sheetmetal.
- 5+ years of estimating experience in the HVAC industry with a proven track record is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and other construction documents.
- Knowledge of different types of HVAC systems and their components.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of related trades for the purposes of coordinating various project estimates.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Deadline and detail-oriented.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.